PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
looking for feedback on my photoshop text effects
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

JohnF

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: looking for feedback on my photoshop text effects Reply with quote

I just launched a new site for my Photoshop text effects, and I'd love to get some feedback on the design. Are the demos interesting? Does the text explain the product well?

One of my big concerns is whether I have enough demos... I've designed over 1500 effects, but it's hard to show more than few without killing page load times. I feel like this wall of demos from my old site does a better job of showing off my work, but it's a lot to handle for slow connections (4+ megs of images)... any ideas?

You guys are really my target audience, so some feedback here would be invaluable.

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
first... maybe no one else would notice but on the new site.. the first examples the silver and gold COIN ... well the I and N at the bottom there rounded off that ok but the shadow is squarish... smiling...

over all i like yourwork... I like the old site better... true it didn't have much info but it was more color full and eyecatching...!!! and gave a better sence on the combinations of text and background...

i was thinking.... have a site with at least 2 pages....
the main page to be attrative with just a very few of your best oooh and awwws examples...
and that page has most of the info.. and then a 2nd page where you have all those real nice examples from your old site...

well that my opinion.... and everyone has one...lol

renata

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JohnF, they really are very nice effects and they look great!

I agree with jerryb4417 though, about breaking it down into more than one page. When I'm browsing, I don't have a lot of time (or patience) to scroll down very long pages, even if they are nice looking. But maybe that's just me.

This would also ease the problem of the first page requiring a lot of time to download, since not everything would be on that page.

Another thing I look at is the perceived security of the site and yours seems to pass my informal test (SSL, option to use Paypal), without which I wouldn't part with credit card details.

An extra detail which makes me more comfortable when I'm tempted to buy from sites I don't know is the availability of a phone number or address (even if it's just a postal address). The Paypal option does make this not as important, since there is some consumer protection there.

It would also be nice to know what to expect after I pay. e.g "After we receive payment you are redirected to the download page where you may download the file in zip format..." or something along those lines.

But then, that's just how I work. Others may have other ideas! Best of luck, anyway.

jacvio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there JohnF

the site looks okay, nothing fancy but its good enough.

one thing I would need if I was a customer was a clear description of what i'm buying.

is it photoshop actions files, or a bulk of tutorials? or a video showing how to do it?

Vindeta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacvio wrote:
one thing I would need if I was a customer was a clear description of what i'm buying.

is it photoshop actions files, or a bulk of tutorials? or a video showing how to do it?

This is exactly what i was thinking when i was scrolling down and saw the part where it was talking about getting links to the files. Exactly what are in the files that i would want to pay for?

jacvio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually my experience with sales pages is to keep them short and to the point.

showing what the product is and a price. All that extra text is just confusing viewers.

SearcingLost

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: looking for feedback on my photoshop text effects Reply with quote

JohnF wrote:
I just launched a new site for my Photoshop text effects, and I'd love to get some feedback on the design. Are the demos interesting? Does the text explain the product well?

One of my big concerns is whether I have enough demos... I've designed over 1500 effects, but it's hard to show more than few without killing page load times. I feel like this wall of demos from my old site does a better job of showing off my work, but it's a lot to handle for slow connections (4+ megs of images)... any ideas?

You guys are really my target audience, so some feedback here would be invaluable.

I like it, the high resolution looks good. The only downside it that you scroll down quite a lot until you get to the "order now" link. Maybe implementing another (much smaller) order now link towards the top. Just a suggestion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: