PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
album cover review
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

steadysippinglol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: album cover review Reply with quote

Hi all, i am brand new here. Hope to be learning and sharing here in the future.

Was wondering if anyone cared to give me some feedback on this album cover I am designing for a hip hop artist. He wanted something a little off the wall so I came up with this.. Feel free to be honest..

Thank you for any replies.

Last edited by steadysippinglol on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
you need to remember what hip hop is about,,, energy, rhythmetic, graffiti,etc... and a allbum is basically a symbolic representaion of the music and artist ...

iam no expert.. but your album when i look at it... dosen't tell me anything...

colors there nuetral, no excitement and the objects you use idon't see how they relate to hip hop . or the artist. as a collage it very sparce ..

I would really reconsider the album theme... i would suggest for inspiration... do a graphic search on bing and search for hip hop albums or hip hop artist ... to get some more ideas...

thehermit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have some of the elements in place as a kernel of a solid idea, I see the 'old skool' intentions, although the imagery does not entirely match the subject matter (back to the future??!). Oh and lose the girl!

I'm not so worried about lack of graffiti or the monotone, hip-hop and modern urban can accommodate a variety of styles.

steadysippinglol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the feedback.. working on something new now
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: