PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How does this look on your monitor?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

rlsnights

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: How does this look on your monitor? Reply with quote

Any other comments appreciated. This pic goes with my post with a question about printing in the Output Forum.

The work is mixed media - primarily folded paper with ink and acrylic embellishment.

Original is 7" x 7". Scanned using an Epson Artisan 800 in TIFF at 720 dpi.

Adjustments to color, etc. made in PSE format. Final saved in JPEG for printing. For web, used PSE save for web function with JPEG format.

Chinese Drum Ballgown jpeg.jpg
 Description:
Chinese Drum Ball Gown
 Filesize:  176.82 KB
 Viewed:  586 Time(s)

Chinese Drum Ballgown jpeg.jpg

thehermit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rlsnights, the image looks good to me, the texture really stands out. I presume your background is pink? The colours are complimentary, the only thing I'm unsure of is the stroke around the piece.

rlsnights

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "background" paper (called the aperture paper) is pink. It is actually the topmost part of the original piece as the other paper is layered on the back of the aperture paper.

The "stroke" around the outside is actually layers of hand-applied ink in 3 different colors which is why it may look "fuzzy" around the edges. It's uneven in places which you would expect given that it was done by hand. I am happy with the result since it complements the different colors in the washi paper (the paper that has the colored pattern).

The texture is an important part of the piece since it is made of paper of varying weights and textures.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it a lot.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as Mike here. Stands out and looks great to me. Getting a little pink bleed on the purple border. Welcome!

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: