PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Clone Stamp tool problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

kkrallen

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Clone Stamp tool problem Reply with quote

I am new to Photoshop so this is most likely a stupid question.

I am working on restoring an old photograph. I open the original (a .psd file), right click on the background layer, and select duplicate layer. The layer is edits normally

If I do the same process again, the new layer is not editable. If I right click and duplicate the first layer that I created it is editable. I cannot tell any difference between the layers but there obviously is. Can someone tell me what the difference between the layers is.

I am in the windows environment, if that makes any difference.

kallen

"What you read when you don't have to, will determine what you will be when you can't help it."

Cyan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be that the new layer is below the one you previously duplicated, in the layers panel, click on the eye of the layer that's on the top, and then select the layer that's below it, try to edit it now, does it work?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: