PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
My Photosho is Too Darn Sticky, Help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

jawaune

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: My Photosho is Too Darn Sticky, Help! Reply with quote

I am having two problems with photoshop that is very annoying! I really hope that someone can help me solve my problem. The first problem I'm having is that if I'm working on a project and used vector shapes and have applied layer styles to that vector shape, photoshop will remember those layer styles. So the problem is if I create another vector shape photoshop will AUTOMATICALLY APPLY all previously applied styles to the new vector shape as well.

The second problem is if I have a vector shape and I decide that I want to apply a text layer above that shape, such as a button that sayes "Home", as soon as I click over the vector shape, photoshop will automatically RESIZE and RESHAPE the text box to the vector shape layer below!! This makes it very hard to move the text around and place it in whatever location I want above the vector shape layer.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my settings and I hope someone can please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Jawaune

Watching Youtube videos tutorials is the fastest and most affective way to learn photoshop. Please subscribe to my youtuve channel and PLEASE comment and rate my videos if they are helpful. http://www.youtube.com/user/Jawaune?feature=mhum

Auieos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not your settings, just some funny behaviors on Photoshops behalf.

First problem is caused by Photoshops insistence on keeping a layer style set as a default when creating shapes.
First create your shape.
After creating it uncheck the chain link box in the styles section of the shape options tab. (circled in red)
Now add your layer style.
The style you add will not become the default and should stay as no style in the shape options tab. (White box w/ red slash next to green circle)
If at any stage you forget just click the style box arrow (circled in green) then the arrow in the top right corner of styles tab and choose no style at the very top of the menu.
Each time a shape is created it seems to automatically activate the chain link, which can be annoying.
If styles can be put on hold until all shapes have been created then the back and forth problem can be avoided as the default style will always be no style.

Second problem is caused by Photoshop presuming you want to use the shape as a custom text box.
Just hold down shift before you click the type tool.
You will see the cursor change from an oval shape (Type in path) to a square shape (Normal Type).

Hope that helps.

tvt.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.38 KB
 Viewed:  636 Time(s)

tvt.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: