PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Image Border Inquiry - What tool does this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Nero16

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Image Border Inquiry - What tool does this? Reply with quote

Hello, I recently started using Photoshop, but I did use an earlier version many years ago. I was able to take an image (generally a rectangular one) and give it a border of a few pixels.

This border wasn't a color border. There was an emboss effect and some other options available to make ordinary rectangles look more exciting. I haven't had much luck searching so far, but I'll keep at it.

If anyone knows if such a tool still exists (and what it is called), I appreciate the assistance.

Auieos

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photoshop will make the frame for you if you go the actions window and select them from the menu.

Select desired frame action and press play at the bottom of the actions window.

Lots to choose from. :)

app.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  134.03 KB
 Viewed:  571 Time(s)

app.jpg

4Dragons

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Layer Style>Stroke>Set to 'Inner' and increase 'Size' to suit.

Nero16

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses. These should give me some ways to decorate my borders. I'm finding the emboss effect isn't as obvious as I remember so I guess I need to play around with the settings in it.

I was unaware of the actions window (even when I used Photoshop before, I only new how to do specific things). Lots of cool options to explore.

jawaune

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Your border Inquiry Reply with quote

You can do exactly what you want by adjusting the "stroke" which is one of your layer styles. When you choose stroke you can also change the fill option to gradient and play around with the color stops to make the stroke stand out and look 3Dish.

I can give you a cool tip to make your pics look like they were taken using a polaroid camera. Just give them a white stroke of around 10 pixels then add a white to transparent low opacity gradient overlay from top to bottom. Play around with it and voala. Pictures that look like they were taken using an old fashioned polaroid camera!

Watching Youtube videos tutorials is the fastest and most affective way to learn photoshop. Please subscribe to my youtuve channel and PLEASE comment and rate my videos if they are helpful. http://www.youtube.com/user/Jawaune?feature=mhum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: