PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Help with 2D array and grid for pixel art.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

visivopro

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Help with 2D array and grid for pixel art. Reply with quote

Hello everyone this will mark my first question, but most certainly not my last. What I am creating is a 2D array or grid that is in the shape of a square, rotated 45 degrees, and cut to 50% in height. What I would like to know is, what is the best way to create that object? I have created one with the square tool and converted it into a smart object. Is this the best way? or just one way? I would also like to know how to apply a 1X1 pixel grid to just the object,not the entire canvas? It should also share the same attributes that is 45 degree angle and 50% height.

Thank You

*I also forgot to mention I am using CS5*[/url]

Auieos

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make your own pattern.
Create a single cell portion of your grid and then 'Edit > Define Pattern'.
This way the pattern can be applied many ways.
To apply the pattern as a whole use the 'Edit > Fill' dialogue.
To apply the pattern to a object, have it on a separate layer and use pattern overlay in the layer fx menu.
Not sure about the alignment of multiple grid patterns. Attributes however should be uniform.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: