PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Abstract art of a Cat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

ThyReturner

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Abstract art of a Cat. Reply with quote

Hey, how you doing my name is Thy and I like ancient themes. I have this talent in which I call it to automatically create weird looking amount of lines at random without sequence or order except that I try to make my creations look symmetrical. Anyways, this is a recent one I just made and I want to color it, but I don't know how should it, because its all over the place. So I'm looking for some advice perhaps or a volunteer to color it in to make the abstract futuristic cat wearing head phones come to LIFE.

Auieos

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool, it would make a good Tshirt.

I wouldn't have a clue where to start with coloring that one. I guess it will be difficult to color the open shapes that cant be filled. Maybe start by coloring it in all one color, and adding to it.

Great work anyway.

Shabooboo

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Abstract art of a Cat. Reply with quote

I like your style, but you are right, color might would make the headphones stand out more.

My advice, using Photoshop keep the original on a layer, make a copy of the original then with the Magic Wand tool, delete or cut most of the white out using keyboard shortcut "Command/Alt-X" (you will need to do this in several places of seen white, but not in all places.)
Tip: Try cutting off the eye on the original below layer to view better...

After the white is all gone, next make another copy of that copied layer, rename it, then turn off the eye and go back to the copied layer below, next play around with the Brush tool & different colors on that underneath layer...
Once you get the desired color look, turn on the eye on the above/top layer. Your geometric shapes should jump off the page!

Also simple geometric Fill "use pastel or change full color opacity" of colored shapes might look good too, placed underneath the renamed or no white layer.

Here's something quick I came up with using the "Brush tool" for you, but I'd like to see what you finish with, so Post your outcome.
Best Wishes!

kFfNi_color.jpg
 Description:
Here's a quick color fix...
 Filesize:  162.24 KB
 Viewed:  1473 Time(s)

kFfNi_color.jpg

K-touch

PS Version: CS, CS2, CS3, CS4

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad pretty good, at first I didn't see the cat after a while I did : ) ...

http://www.kantabiz.com/videos.php

ThyReturner

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Thank you, I will. Reply with quote

I almost forgot that I posted this up on the forum, after I sent out I thought no one replied so I just gave up, but yes I will color out an design for the cat too. Thank you for your example. There is much more too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: