PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
layer mask question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

photoshopntn

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: layer mask question Reply with quote

This has to do with making reflections. I've made reflections before but now something's botched.
I dup the layer, position that layer, add a layer mask and gradient it down toa fade.
But, for some reason, now when I add a layer mask to a layer, the color pallates both turn white, foreground and bg. colors.
And the grandeint tool becomes useless, I just draw and drag and nothing happens.
remove the layer mask and the colors come back onto the pallate.
Any thoughts on this.
Granted, I'm not really good with layermasks, but this has worked for me for awhile and now, this has changed all of a sudden.
I'm sure it's user error. :)
Thanks!
User

Auieos

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you double click one of the whites to access the colour picker dialog and select black from there.

Also you should have the quick click black and white options present just above the foreground and background colour boxes when working with masks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: