PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Creating Futuristic Logo Help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Di3oxide

PS Version: Cs5

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Creating Futuristic Logo Help! Reply with quote

I want to know how to create a logo similar to this. Can anyone post a tutorial that teaches how to make a metallic effect similar to the one below. I also want to know how the gradient around the pen work was achieved and most of all how they managed to place the purple circle in such a manner. I want full originality and do not want to use any sample brushes or patterns... rather, if there need be any, I wan't to know how to purely make them myself:D

Please if anyone knows post clear detailed instructions with step-by-step pictures.

I do hope to see assistance from all of you skillful photoshoppers Open Mouth Smile

Auieos

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This video is an indication of how many steps are involved in making this type of logo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL6pOOWKOMQ&feature=related

Here is a much simpler version which should help you.
http://www.pscloud.com/logos/sony-ericsson-logo/

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crumbs! the music hit me like a brick in the face (forgot I had speakers in), however...

Well nailed! to put it succinctly :)

Great advice. With the information Auieos has given you and a little more you can garner from the net, such as 'gel buttons', 'liquid gel', you won't go far wrong.

Di3oxide

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to complete the second tut. Thanks for sending me the link. It's not perfect but I was using Cs5, and some styles were coming out a tince differently. I mainly wanted to know how to get that cut through the circle. Managed to pull it off. Now I just need to learn how to get a more realistic metallic effect:D

I'm using Photoshop Cs5. I enjoyed the second link much better than the first since the first one was a bit to fast and it seemed as though the guy was doing trial and error himself + the software he was using did not look like photoshop.

This is how mine came out:

Thanks anywayz Open Mouth Smile

Auieos

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job. As far as the metal effect it almost looks like its reflecting clouds in the first image. You could try using the polar co-ordinates or radial blur filter to get a circular cloud pattern to place on top.

Also you can always check out things like how to make a chrome ball etc to get a grip on the individual parts of the overall design. Good luck with it.

Di3oxide

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auieos wrote:
Good job. As far as the metal effect it almost looks like its reflecting clouds in the first image. You could try using the polar co-ordinates or radial blur filter to get a circular cloud pattern to place on top.

Also you can always check out things like how to make a chrome ball etc to get a grip on the individual parts of the overall design. Good luck with it.

Thanks for the tip. I tried my own style after learning the tutorial in the previous. I came up with this:

Please give your feedback, greatly appreciated:D

I hope you guys like it. I decided to make one that was a little different from the odyssey logo. Rather have a slightly hollow hole I decided to put a background behind the ball. I thought it would suit the concept that was in my mind. I just hope it does look a little futuristic. I still need to pick up on more skills.

Auieos

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, i really like it, reminds me of the start of a life, like an egg i guess, something starting to grow. That scary song with the fetus singing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vusqSf0A-2o Big Grin

You did a good job with changing it enough to make it look unique. Definitely feels much less like the Sony Erickson compared to odysseys version.

Probably the only thing i can fault is the shell with the holes in it looks thin because of no visible edges.

Great job on that one.

thehermit

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on the logo, nice result!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: