PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Shirt Design
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

spectreU98

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Shirt Design Reply with quote

I'm relatively new to photoshop and I'm completely self taught though my own discoveries and videos I can dig up myself. I'm looking to be able to make the design here in my image smooth so it goes well on any color shirt when imported. It isn't perfect but I can still go in and change it.

I still have the .psd so I can alter it and I made a quick .png with a white background. Let me know how I can improve it. The more advice the better.

cig revision 03.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  185.83 KB
 Viewed:  708 Time(s)

cig revision 03.jpg

Auieos

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks quite good for freehand. Maybe change the cigarette to a different colour than the smoke. Possibly use different brushes in future to avoid the jaggy edges which can be seen.

The main thing is that you can draw quite well so the images will only get better as your experience with the application grows.

spectreU98

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't actually make the image, I merely was asked to outline it and have it prepared for being usable on a shirt Big Grin I want to fix up the pixels on the edge of the smoke. Would I just use the brush tool to fix it?

renata

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the pen tool would be better? It can be used to create paths which work as vectors rather than pixels, which means it's resizable and you shouldn't see as many jagged edges. You could use the pen to trace the outline (creating a path) and then create stroke or fill the path.

spectreU98

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have specified to begin with. I am using the pen tool. I created a mask for it and used the pen tool to make my path. My first real work ysing the pen tool. I think I'll change the image a bit more and fill it in then. Just get the lines nicer.

K-touch

PS Version: CS, CS2, CS3, CS4

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why don't use illustrator for shirt designs.. it's much better

http://www.kantabiz.com/videos.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: