PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
My first website / PSD - feedback please :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

mc100

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: My first website / PSD - feedback please :) Reply with quote

Hi

I am new to Photo Shop and have always wanted to learn. So 10 hours after installing the free trial version, I have made a website homepage. Obviously I won't be using it because I just wanted to have some fun and see how Photo Shop works.

Here is a link to my PSD as it kept saying I was uploading an empty file - if someone else can upload it here, feel free:

http://rapidshare.com/files/456713165/generationhosting.psd

I would like to know the following, as well as any other comments you may have:

1) Have I used the appropriate width if this was to be coded?
2) Have I set out layers correctly for coding? I see you can make groups...should I use them or does it now really matter?

So not really about the design itself, but have I constructed it ok?

General feedback is great - I've learnt a lot already and I hope I can learn lots more - thanks for taking a look!!

thehermit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the forum mc100.

You may get more responses if you uploaded a JPEG to this site, keeping it under 200k (from memory).

As for your site, I am not a fan of the jigsaw background nor am I a fan of the multitude of font faces, try and stick to a couple and don't make them so disparate, try to stick to serif or sans, or judicious use of both with care. The only thing I would add is that everything looks on the large size, as if giant hands created them. Whilst I am on a roll nor do I like the pink colour for the boxes, the drop shadow under the speech bubble or the texture on the buttons in the 'why go with us' section.

Sorry to be so negative.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: