PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Why are the layers in the layer palette grey not blue?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Gwias

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Why are the layers in the layer palette grey not blue? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me why the layers in my layers palette are grey when they should be blue? I can't do anything with them. I have to duplicate them to get them to be blue, then they only stay blue as long as I don't de-select them. Thanls

thehermit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gwias, sorry to seem unhelpful, but I don't quite get the point/reason of the question, perhaps a screenshot or a more clarifying position on your dilemma. Welcome to the forum btw.

renata

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if this appears twice I must have clicked in the wrong place and I lost my original reply (why do I keep doing that!?).

Isn't it normal for the layers to be grey, unless they are currently selected?

One thing you can check is the Auto-Select box (top left when you've got the move tool selected). If it's ticked then perhaps you are inadvertently selecting layers when you click inside the main display.

Hope you solve it!

goldtoof

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: This worked for me Reply with quote

I had this same problem. I looked at my channels and there was an extra channel named quick mask. I deleted it and then my layers turned back to blue and editable when I click them. (Or you can push Q to toggle quick mask on or off)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: