PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
one page design
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

fierydragon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: one page design Reply with quote

Its a single page design and unlike a normal web page. Have really used subtle elements as everything is supposed to be text so can't use other fonts.

two versions
http://img845.imageshack.us/i/furniture1.jpg/
[url]img545.imageshack.us/f/furniture2.jpg/[/url]

How will you respond to the overall arrangement and typography. if you have any thing to say on this even if few words, I will like to hear them. Anything I should work on improving, color choices, text, small details....I may have missed as there is so much of text going on

thanks

fierydragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I see why no one was replying. The link was wrong. Please have a look again. I have updated all!

thehermit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sentence structure is a little awry, I wouldn't start with .... and I Would start with, Never before. Not a huge fan of mixing serif with sans serif either and there is no need to hyphenate 'totoko' and make a decision to keep it capitalised or lower case.

"If the price our competitors"... looks a little bit like a link, or may do when It goes live, in print it's fine, not so good for the web perhaps.

In the payment options I would lose "by paypal" from underneath the phone transaction icon.

As for the site itself though it is clean and tidy and does what it says on the tin, I would be happy with it.

fierydragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you thehermit. It certainly looks better with the things you pointed out.

Can you tell me a few areas where I could add some spark to bring it alive?

What do you suggest I use for fonts and their colors, so I can create contrast in text. Please tell me how you would like them mixed.

fierydragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@thehermit

I have uploaded a new design with many changes. what do you think of this now?
http://img864.imageshack.us/i/furniture2.jpg/

thehermit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I preferred the red navigation elements in the first design rather than the grey in this one, it tied in better with your branding/logo. I prefer the change to the phone icon text, so gj there.

I still don't like some of the copy, in particular the phrase "This gorgeous 'totoko' modular has adapted all the necessary concepts....." It does not make sense grammatically and there is a sense of anthropomorphising a sofa too.

I should add that I'm no expert and you can feel free to disregard my views as they are just that, my opinions. I like the design in the round, it's clean and simple and is clearly laid out.

D3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I only saw the page now and this is what I would change.

The font used, which was mentioned before
Spacing between the lines in the text, give them some more space so it doesnt look jammed.
The payment icons. You could do better with simpler icons, b&w

fierydragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@thehermit...thanks. I should have mentioned that I have no role in the text matter. It has been provided to me. Can't do much about it.

@D3. can you suggest a font? please note that I am limited to using web safe fonts only. I think the typography needs most of the work.

and I did try simple icons which looked good, but then it didn't convey paypal, credit card or bank transfer clearly. have you seen any icon or any method that can convey it easily. I really want to use simple dark icons here.

fierydragon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ahead and had a re-look myself. what do you guys say now? bring it on peopl!

http://img692.imageshack.us/i/furniture2k.jpg/

thehermit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks ok to me :)

I see no real reason to change the font, although it's always going to be subjective. You should be happy in my view, there will always be changes and umms and aarrs but that's the life of a designer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: