PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
logo/path/shape question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

megaladon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: logo/path/shape question Reply with quote

I am creating a logo. I wanted to alter the logo by adding extra lines. I'd like to be able to create the path then stroke it then adjust the path and have the new stroked line follow the changes made to the path. When I stroke the path and then decide it needs to be moved the new line on the layer stays in its original position. I realized I can create a shape and move it around but if I do it this way I will constantly have to adjust the curve and thickness of the shape. I've attached a file to help illustrate my point. Thanks so much for any help.

Jon

question.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  113.15 KB
 Viewed:  402 Time(s)

question.jpg

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always work on layers. Stroke the path on it's own layer. If you to want to make a change to the path, make the change then stroke on a new layer and throw away the old stroked layer.

megaladon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am stroking the path on its own layer. I'd like to see how the changes I am making to the path effect the stroked layer, as I am moving the path. If I can see the line on the layer move as I move the path I can see if the changes I am making are working. Do you know is there a way to have the line change as I move the path? Or a tool that would work better to accomplish this goal? Basically I want the line to line up perfectly with the font. Which will be hard to do if I can't see where the line will be as I'm moving the path. A kind of keep the history on the line or a line that actually interacts with the path. Thanks.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not with Photoshop.

megaladon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I guess I need to learn Illustrator. Thanks very much for your help, Hawkeye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: