PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Photoshop ignoramus desperately seeks help.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

ciardad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Photoshop ignoramus desperately seeks help....... Reply with quote

Hi there, I have recently updated my computer and programmes but I really want to make a card in a hurry using a drawn image (scanned into the PC) but changing the background colour in one go and adding other layers. I have been trying to study the tutorials but there is sooo much info my head is melting. Can anyone give me basic tips on how to import an image and then change the colour within the selected area or change the background behind the image.
Thank you from a confused person.....

Bostone737

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the scanned image b&w? lots of colors?

maybe u can post the pic?

there is multiple options for doing this but it would help to see what you are working with.

without seeing it though, maybe you could use one of your lasso or wand tools to select the whole background and then go to Layers Menu > Layer Mask > Hide All. That will hide the background you selected without actually deleting it (of course u could just delete it,but make sure u are working with a duplicate of the file just in case something goes wrong). Then put a layer underneath that layer filled with the color you like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: