PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How to start Designing T-shirts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

mikee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: How to start Designing T-shirts Reply with quote

I have always wanted to design my own t-shirts and now that I have some photoshop experience I feel I am ready. I wanted to know whether or not I have to use a template of a t-shirt or do I just create a design that goes on the centre. How does it usually work? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Auieos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just create a design, no tshirt template needed. Work at minimum 300ppi.

http://www.24hourt-shirts.com.au/Helpful_Information_/T-shirt_Screen_Print_Ready_Art.aspx

Tliken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure you know what kind of printing methods you are getting your t-shirts done on, where your locations are on your shirts and if it is possible through your printing method to get them in those spots, watch your opacities and gradients when working with silk screen designs, remember that dark shirts always need a white underlay (adding another color needed) for light colors (i.e. light green on a black shirt - if you don't have underlays the colors end up looking shabby), keep your colors sorted out in photoshop because some printers require negatives of the separate colors and always know which shirts you are getting them printed on.

Goodluck with it mate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: