PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
PS CS5 online reference
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Newmarket2

PS Version: CS5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: PS CS5 online reference Reply with quote

There are TONS of tutorials out there - books, YouTube, Adobe TV, etc.
Most are very helpful and I use them all the time.

But, I'm looking for a reference source.

I use HELP, which is a reference source, but it's superficial (or maybe it's search that's a problem?). I need something that explains, for example, every option for a tool.

Thanks for the help!

ps. I've asked this questions in several other forums and still haven't gotten a good answer. I'm sort of amazed, but perpetually optimistic.

thehermit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums Newmarket2. Do you mean something a little like this? Cheat Sheet

Newmarket2

PS Version: CS5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Cheat Sheet is certainly interesting! But, it's not really a reference source - or, rather, it isn't a complete reference source.

An example: I am exploring having prints made at a lab, which lead me to learning about ICC profiles and soft proofing. In PS, there is a VIEW menu pull down which at the top has: PROOF SETUP and CUSTOM.
When I select custom, a window called CUSTOMIZE PROOF CONDITION comes up and in that windows there are several options and check boxes.

So, I'm looking for something, ideally online, that will tell me what the various settings do and under what circumstances they should be used.

thehermit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sense an opening in the market ;)

Photoshop is so multi-faceted, that ultimately you have to choose an area of interest and learn the controls associatd with that discipline, I rarely choose some tools but other are frequent choices. It's not to say I don't or you can't have a good knowledge of all the tools available, rather we should push our knowledge in ways that compliment what we do, not pander to our hopes and dreams of what we want to do.

Universal guide? No. Collection of various techniques and methodology? Yes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: