PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
converting my web logo for large print
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

elliottmik

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: converting my web logo for large print Reply with quote

I have a web logo that I need to recreate in photoshop to print on a banner at 150 dpi cmyk at 18 inches by 20 inches. I have been cleaning it up numerous ways but all wrong. I haven't used photoshop for years and just got handed this by wife. Any suggestions on how to recreate the logo i attached below would be great. the white needs to be transparent to go over a photo.[/img]

Alarmlogo1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.12 KB
 Viewed:  420 Time(s)

Alarmlogo1.png

thehermit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi elliotmik, It looks like it will need to be traced and the logotype found. I would be tempted to bin the gradients, mostly because of the format that you wish to display it in/on.

Brush up on those dusty pen tool skills and start tracing the main elements of the design, don't forget to separate your paths into different path layers (good practice). Good luck.

Having said all of that, who made the logo? Would it be possible to obtain the original file from the designer?

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a revision of my earlier answer gradients are feasible just more of a hassle to implement. As for knocking out the white you could create/find an action to knock out the white for you check the second post in this link. There are various other ways but it sounds this would be safer for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: