PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Simple Comics, Free Form Pen, Etc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Nero16

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Simple Comics, Free Form Pen, Etc Reply with quote

So I used Photoshop years ago for blending images, and now I've decided to work on drawing. I've always wanted to learn how to draw, and a recent attempt made me realize I can improve at it. Photoshop is always fun.

Anyway, I'm also interested in working on some simple web-comics. They would be a step up from stick-men, basically, and I might work at trying new things as I go along. An example of the drawing quality would be Cyanide and Happiness except I'd prefer more symmetry of the characters.

I am using the free form tool, but it doesn't make up for my terrible inadequacies in the drawing lines properly department. Are there additional tools I can use to help sharpen. I know there is the ability to create curves but I'm not 100% sure how to utilize it properly.

Really, I'd be curious as to what tutorial might be best for this type of thing. I figure asking the experts is my best bet. As for the one post, I almost always try to contribute to forums I use. I am just not useful enough to do so yet. Thanks.

Auieos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using a tablet?

Nero16

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auieos wrote:
Are you using a tablet?

Nope, mouse and pc. CS5, mouse is Logitech G7.

Auieos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may help with your problem,
http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/pentool/pentool1.htm

Another thing could be to purchase Illustrator if your passionate about drawing. Some of the tools will automatically adjust so the lines appear more flowing like in the image below.

i11.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.4 KB
 Viewed:  391 Time(s)

i11.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: