PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Model artwork
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Minahitnir

PS Version: CS4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Model artwork Reply with quote

So, this is my first serious photoshop artwork, I know the idea isn't pretty original, however I would just like to know what do you guys think about it, plus what advices could u give me about this. Thanks!

P.S. the tattoo on the leg is a fake. I know that with a low res it's hard to say but, does it look like I have done a good work there? or there's something better I could do?

IMG_4223_web_little.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  195 KB
 Viewed:  637 Time(s)

IMG_4223_web_little.jpg

\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Speakers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like it but there are 2 things I would try and edit;

First of all, it looks a bit too much like shes floating, I think you need to make the shadow darker and maybe a little bigger. Although I think the best option is to do a slight reflection at a much lighter opacity by copying the image and flipping it upside down.

Also the paint splatter on the top right is good but I think you need to soften it a bit.. I think it sticks out a little too much at the moment and doesn't really fit in as much as it could do with the rest of the piece.

Great work with the lighting effects though :)

Minahitnir

PS Version: CS4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about doing the reflection, however it resulted much harder than you may think. First of all because it wouldn't be a proper realistic reflection if you only swap it upside down, it should be edited with warp. I tryed but it was so hard to do. And second because since her feet are kind of crossing and are one behind the other, the reflection gets to have them crossed as well but in the oppsite way, so you can't have both feet touching their reflection at the same time, it's either one or the other.
Sorry for the bad english I really didn't know how to explain it :P.

About the paint splatter, when you say softening you mean the color or its thikness?

Anyway thank's, I'm glad you liked it

\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Speakers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you mean about the feet.

I would say try both really, a lower opacity and maybe soften the edges.

Top work anyway :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: