PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Feedback please
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

niftyned

PS Version: CS4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Feedback please Reply with quote

I was asked by a friend of my grandson if I could design an album cover for his band. They are all school kids but according to all reports they are pretty good. Not being one who listens to much heavy metal and not being in touch with the younger generations likes and dislikes I thought I would post it here for a bit of constructive criticism. The band is called Bloodpool and the album they are getting ready to produce is called Drowning. Any suggestions will be seriously considered

Obviously my username wont be plastered all over the finished product and it will be in a much higher resolution.

bloodpool-lowres.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  180.27 KB
 Viewed:  434 Time(s)

bloodpool-lowres.jpg

icesamurai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As is, i like it. Its better than what i can put out lol.

Don't know how much time you want to put it but you can try having the hand holding a guitar; as if they where coming from the pool or in to it.

P.S. I'm not with the "younger generations" ether.

niftyned

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to do a realistic hand holding a guitar but I just couldnt get it to look any good but I think you`re right it would look better so I will keep trying.

niftyned

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is about as good as I`m going to get it as far as the hand with guitar goes but any other input would be appreciated.

bloodpool-lowres.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  186.11 KB
 Viewed:  418 Time(s)

bloodpool-lowres.jpg

icesamurai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that looks cool, i hope Bloodpool likes it.

pixel8or

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good image but two things I would change are, the guitar and the arm need to be more prominent, we need to see more of the guitar. Also the soft edge you have down at the bottom where the guitar and arm disappear into the blood need to have a much harder edge. The lines of the blood swirling around are hard edged so why have you got a heavy blur on it?

niftyned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pixel8or wrote:
That's a good image but two things I would change are, the guitar and the arm need to be more prominent, we need to see more of the guitar. Also the soft edge you have down at the bottom where the guitar and arm disappear into the blood need to have a much harder edge. The lines of the blood swirling around are hard edged so why have you got a heavy blur on it?

The problem with raising the arm and guitar any higher is it looks a bit off because once you reach the elbow the head should be appearing and if it doesnt it looks wrong and if it does appear then it loses the effect I was going for.
The blur on the guitar was a poor attempt to give a downward motion trail without blurring the guitar or hand. i have sharpened that up in the final product but I am still not 100% happy with it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: