PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Project for class
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

birdmadgirl7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Project for class Reply with quote

I did this project instead of a paper for my women studies class. It is a world map of the different goddesses worshiped throughout time in different areas. This is my first photoshop major project but I have been using Gimp for a few years now. Any opinions would help me because I have a hard time being objective with my own work. Thanks!

GoddessWorldMap1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.85 KB
 Viewed:  540 Time(s)

GoddessWorldMap1.jpg

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a little less bevel and emboss and maybe a different colour scheme, but that's just personal preference.

icesamurai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you still have the PSD file then i'd say try adding a texture to the states would make it seem more real. Also like thehermit, Less B&E and a different colour scheme. But as for it now i like it.

birdmadgirl7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icesamurai wrote:
If you still have the PSD file then i'd say try adding a texture to the states would make it seem more real. Also like thehermit, Less B&E and a different color scheme. But as for it now i like it.

I like the texture idea a lot! Maybe contouring the pattern on the land to fit a more geographical map. That sounds pretty cool but out of my realm of know how with photoshop, maybe if I experiment a little... I used the bevel to make each geographical area stand out on it's own, before that it was a REAL mess! Lol, my boyfriend doesn't like the color scheme either, I do still have the PSD and I was thinking about playing around with the background. I always have trouble with not making the same boring background over and over. Thanks for all the input guys!

niftyned

PS Version: CS4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the concept and the execution but have to agree about the color. I think there is too much magenta in it but colors are a really tricky thing because everyones tastes are different. Before you go doing too much re-working have a play with the color adjustments. Select the image tab on the menu bar and go to adjustments>selective color and reduce the amount of magenta and maybe the blue as well. Have a play around to get a color scheme that works for you. The great thing about photoshop is the ability to change the color of any element within your design fairly easily.

goddessworldmap1_999.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  148.64 KB
 Viewed:  508 Time(s)

goddessworldmap1_999.jpg

niftyned

PS Version: CS4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the use of photo filters,located in the same menu, can dramatically change the look of an image.

goddessworldmap3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  158.53 KB
 Viewed:  506 Time(s)

goddessworldmap3.jpg

goddessworldmap2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  142.04 KB
 Viewed:  506 Time(s)

goddessworldmap2.jpg

birdmadgirl7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niftyned wrote:
I really like the concept and the execution but have to agree about the color. I think there is too much magenta in it but colors are a really tricky thing because everyones tastes are different. Before you go doing too much re-working have a play with the color adjustments. Select the image tab on the menu bar and go to adjustments>selective color and reduce the amount of magenta and maybe the blue as well. Have a play around to get a color scheme that works for you. The great thing about photoshop is the ability to change the color of any element within your design fairly easily.

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing. I think maybe the colors need to be toned down a little bit but I still want to keep it sort of mystical, you know? Not too toned down but maybe less right IN YOUR FACE I guess is what I'm trying to get at.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: