PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
My first post. What do you think?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Ground Up

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: My first post. What do you think? Reply with quote

This is a New York license plate that I did for my friend's Repo company.
It would be used for branding, like on the back of a company shirt or hat.

I never really showed it to anyone but him so I just wanted to know what the community thinks.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ground Up, welcome. :) I think it looks pretty good. One thing that bothers me, for whatever reason, is the number 5 itself and how it doesn't look like it finishes up top. Beyond that, it looks good (maybe "Transport & Recovery" could be moved to the left a little so it was a little more centered).

Thanks,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

darklite

PS Version: cs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the type at the bottom. Very well-rendered the way it actually looks like the embossing of a license plate. I too found the 5 a bit hard to read, but didn't have a problem with it because logic dictates that it's a five. Excellent job. It did however, take me a long time to figure out that there was a car carrier at the bottom, but then again, that might be part of your design technique.

http://www.autumnwindstudios.com

niftyned

PS Version: CS4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the overall design and execution. The only thing I would change is the Transport & Recovery text.

I have always thought that if an image has a border then the content should be kept inside of it otherwise the text can look like it was an afterthought and not part of the original design. Also if it were a real license plate the border would probably be embossed as well so you would have embossed text on an embossed border which could look messy.

All in all, very well done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: