PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Hockey Wallpapers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

dustyrockon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Hockey Wallpapers Reply with quote

So I'm pretty new to Photoshop, its been several weeks now. Just curious on some input... I know its a little weak, but this is mainly why I joined, I like constructive and helpful critisism. Anyways let me know!

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome, dustyrockon. :)

One thing I noticed in these that might help in a way is the spacing of your text. For example, for each of the images (listed by the order they appear in your post:

1. Try vertically aligning "Alexander the Great" in the center of the 8.
2. Move the number and text up and to the right a bit so that it's centered between the player and the right border. This keeps the text away from his skate, as well.
3. Give "Go Habs Go" some space at the top.
4. Give "Tomas Plekanec" some space at the bottom. Basically, with these last two, so the text isn't so flush against the bottom. I'd also move the C logo on number 4 off the right and top a bit, give it a little more spacing.

I hope that this helps give you some ideas.

Thanks,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

dustyrockon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks!

Im going to start reworking some of those. #3 is just to cluttered so I'm just going to ignore it but the 1st and 4th are my favorite so I plan on taking your advise and re-working them. Where should i move the Logo on 4?

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dustyrockon,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Had a little emergency. At any rate, I would just give it some more padding on the right side and make sure the top and right padding amounts are equal on it.

Thanks,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

dustyrockon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Heres Another... Reply with quote

Heres a new background i made... but i feel like theres something missing. any suggestions?

dustyrockon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The attatchement is to big so....

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think maybe bringing the Olympic logo guy (and the Olympic logo) down a bit, so it's not right against the top, would make it look a little better.

dustyrockon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything else? Cuz quite honestly I dont like it. lol It is a team canada background its gotta be epic...

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, well... sometimes we are too critical of ourselves. Of course, if you don't like it, that could be an opportunity to throw it all away and start over. :)

Thanks,

Patrick

dustyrockon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will, and once its done Ill post it back up. Should i start a new thread or just keep using this one ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: