PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
psd to xhtml
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

smartwind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: psd to xhtml Reply with quote

mypsd4xhtml.com

I just put my new website online and i am looking for honest review.
Please, comment everything you like and/or dislike: from design to price.

All info and suggestion will be very helpful!
Thanks

Bex7175

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

My first thought when glancing at your website was that everything looks incredibly busy. There wasn't one central focal point that drew my gaze, meaning that my eyes weren't quite sure where to focus; leaving the overall impression of disarray.

I'm very much not a fan of Comic Sans which I believe you've used in a few headings? Obviously that's a personal preference but I'd consider trying everything in the same font and using bold / color to enhance certain aspects. It tends to help a site to look a little more professional I've found

It could potentially be worth breaking things down into separate pages just so that an individual looking at the site would know instantly where to go if, for example, they wanted to contact you or to promote you. Although there's not masses amounts of information there to wade through, it can still be nice to have the ability to jump instantly to the required page.

I think a bit of 'busyness reduction' could certainly help you to hammer home the service that you're offering that looks pretty good.

Hope that helps,
Bex

kyleko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Bex. There is an overabundance of information that gives it an almost chaotic feeling. Other than that, I think it looks good.

smartwind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx guys, u have absolutely right ! going to fix that. Thanks again.

wave of light

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the comments above.

One other point to make, get someone else to proofread the pages for you.

"If you html or css code have too many errors..."

should read:

"If your html or css code has too many errors..."

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree with Bex7175 in that I am not a fan of the typography on the site; specially the "Convert psd to xhtml" text at the top and all of the non-graphic text on the site. Times and Comic Sans, mainly. I'd like to see some other choices experimented with. Best of luck.

Thanks,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: