PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
looking for feedback ! web template
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

phildesigns

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: looking for feedback ! web template Reply with quote

a website i've been designing for my best friend,

Tools used:
Photoshop CS4
Wacom Intuos 4 (medium)
no filters, no styles
300+ layers

LastClick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a bit too "busy" for my taste, but it looks allright Big Grin

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome phildesigns. :)

It has a nice look. I think that a lot of the typography is not as easy to read as you might want it to be. You may want to try improving readability by making fonts larger, etc.

Thanks,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

RWeb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: looking for feedback ! web template Reply with quote

phildesigns wrote:
a website i've been designing for my best friend,

Tools used:
Photoshop CS4
Wacom Intuos 4 (medium)
no filters, no styles
300+ layers

I think it's a good effort, though I would agree with the 'too busy' comment. how about cutting the text at the bottom and sides and all you have is the window that the dj's picture is in and teh navigation buttons on top, and customise this so the important information can be previewed within this window.

I like the look and feel of it as a DJ template (since I'm a DJ myself) and would love you to do something similar for me in the future :)

Bex7175

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I really love the designs, especially the logo and buttons at the top, very nicely done.

As others have said it is quite busy, though having said that I appreciate there's a lot of information to get in. I think things might look a bit neater if they were a little more lined up (if possible) by which I mean if the bottom of the Bio section was aligned with the bottom of the News section.

Also one bit that stuck out to me was the blue-highlighted box on the right hand side with 'DJ Murph ...' in it. The blue seems almost too attention grabbing considering the quite subtle colouring of the rest of the site... Maybe a green to fit in with the section above?

On the whole though excellent work! And really suitable for its purpose as a promotional tool for a DJ.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: