PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Remastering Image? need help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

jedwilliams

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Remastering Image? need help Reply with quote

Hey, I am making a website for someone and the lady already had a banner that she made but she gave it to me in a real low resolution. I want to know how to fix the image so i can make it bigger but is clear. The image is below

logo.jpg
 Description:
Image rights reserved by SpatialRelationships.us
 Filesize:  5.21 KB
 Viewed:  863 Time(s)

logo.jpg

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't make a low resolution image into high resolution. If she doesn't have a high resolution version to give, you'll need to create a new one.

bdbolin

PS Version: CS3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the graphics, you can bring it into illustrator, trace everything, then fill. Then you can expand it to the size you need. Really, you're re-making it.

(Looking for advertising trade-offs! We advertise you, you advertise us!)

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.ononesoftware.com/detail.php?prodLine_id=2

There are other software packages/plugins out there.

Bottom line though; "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" or "You can't polish a turd!"

Bex7175

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are ways to increase the size of an image, even within photoshop. Interpolation basically creates additional pixels based on an estimation of the pixel values around it. There are different methods available, such as Bicubic which generally gives the best results, or Nearest Neighbour which, instead of calculating a new pixel value based on a combination of those pixels nearest to it, just picks the colour of the nearest pixel and replicates it.

While these methods of interpolation are definitely not perfect, and also turn out completely differently depending on the image, they may be worth a try if you've not already done so.

It's a while since I've done it, but I believe in the Image > Image Size dialogue box there's some options at the bottom in a drop down list to change the interpolation method. It's worth experimenting with a few of them, but if none of them work then I'm afraid re-creating the image as suggested above by tracing with Illustrator is probably your best bet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: