PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Hi, Review, Help xD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Rainiero

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Hi, Review, Help xD Reply with quote

Hi what's up guys, I'm a newbie here in the PSforums, hope we can have a nice time.
Before I present you my work I have a few questions.
I like photoshop...A LOT, I'm not a pro or nothing, a person close to me taught me the basics and from there I just played with the program. Well, lately I've been feeling very creative and started creating wallpapers. Now, I've read some articles and watched some videos in youtube and they mainly said that if I want to create something the program best suited for that is Adobe Illustrator. They even said that the programs are completely different and that some illustrators use both, one to create then one to edit what the created. So, do you guys think I'll do better If I now learn how to use A.Illustrator?

Take a look at my work, I like the ''groovy'' feeling, kind of a mix of - 60's-70's, Modern Art and Pop Art:

Ok, this is my wallpaper. That's me...I'm latino btw xD SideNote: Some people might think 'OMG A G@Y FLAG' well, I'm sorry but I just like the colors that way, and I like -a lot- the way they shine.
Anyways, I hear a lot of nice comments of this pic, people like it a lot, I like it aswell. I created the font in the back, edited my picture, downloaded a new font and added the Diffuse Glow filter. I also had to control the opacity of my pic among other details.

This one is my brother's. Again, I did all the background (and in this case the 'upground' ( xD? ) too, the bars in front of him is what I mean), edited his picture, and downloaded a font. Plus some effects.
I'd like some advice in how to make his Threshold'ed picture less blurry (and don't say resize it), it's that way bc of the original quality of the pic.
I like this one better, newest work.

This is the cover of a written work in school. It means Waves and Sounds. (I love Acoustics xD) Im also very proud of this one, all what is in it is edited. The speakers, the waves, the sound wave, the font, the background...etc. I know there's some ugly traces between the sound wave and the background, but I did all I could.

So, thank you for reading, nice to have a Creative Community around, hope I could fit well in here.

JSnell

PS Version: CS2

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture of you looks the best in my opinion. Your brothers picture, the shadows look too pixelated. And the third picture looks decent, but there's something missing. It seems almost as if you just didn't used those background images (C.D., Mic, Play Button) selectively, same thing with the speakers in the corners. They don't look planned out. Other than that it looks pretty good. The text is nice and I like the green vibe. In regards to your brother's pixelated image, try taking another picture? Maybe with the same camera you used for your picture.

Matt
VIP

PS Version: Lightroom 5, CS4 & Elements 11

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rainiero,

The difference between Photoshop and Illustrator is that Photoshop is king where pixel-based images are concerned, and Illustrated rules when working with vector shapes.

You're friend is right when he states that a lot of creative pro's use both apps for the best results. However, his idea of the workflow sounds a little muddled. You can create designs in either app, and edit designs in either app, based on their content. It also goes much deeper than that, as you can import smart objects between both of them, so for example, you can create an image in Photoshop, and then import it into Illustrator as a mart object, work on it, and then shoot it back to Photoshop.

Hope that helps

Ruby

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The third one is my favourite. You say there are some ugly traces between the soundwaves and the background...I really think it gives a nice effect.The first and the second looks also in my opinion too pixelated.

Rainiero

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply guys, kind of 'fixed' the second one. I've fallen in love with the Blur tool xD

So it doesn't take a lot of time to load, here's the link : http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/Rainiero/SuperWallEEdition.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: