PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
[Brand New] ~ Photoshop Brush Resource Site ~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Whats your favorite type of brushes ?
Grunge
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Abstract
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Fractal
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Vector
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Splatter
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

kmpoaquests

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: [Brand New] ~ Photoshop Brush Resource Site ~ Reply with quote

I have just launched http://www.Phatbrush.com today , it is a site 110% dedicated to high-quality photoshop brushes of all types.

I will be adding many more as time goes on. Please do visit the original author's page to determine if the brush is the right one for you depending on your project (if it's personal or for commercial uses) but in general all brushes listed are FREE.

Also please tell me what you think and if you have any comments regarding critiques/ improvements are highly appreciated.

Thank You ! Big Grin

66stang66

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likes .......
--Colors
--Background
--Overall style

Dislikes .....
--Layout (IMO) in upper right portion of page appears sloppy.
--Polls (everyone has them and anyone can vote. Not very accurate IMO)
--insulting the viewer on entry. You might think it funny. Some wont. Why lose viewers over a few unneeded words.
--Too many different fonts. Adds to the sloppiness.

Just my opinions. Use em or lose em.
Dave

kmpoaquests

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the feedback !

Can you go into more detail on the layout , top right messiness I'd like to keep it as nice as I possibly can , Also what browser are you using ? I've liked to think I'ved worked out all the bugs.

I have thought about changing the slogan but I wanted to give the site a bit of attitude and flair perhaps it is a bit too much as I wanted it to be abit funny and not personally directed to anyone since mama jokes are I'm assuming universal in every language.

Just some light hearted humor nothing to serious but again I'll think about changing it tonight.

How can the polls be inaccurate ? Do you mean the general majority aren't properly represented ?

I have worked very hard on this site overall I'm glad you liked it.

66stang66

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for what >I< see when looking at the upper right portion of your site. You start off with 3 small rectangular buttons. Then a rounded rectangle "subscribe" area that is loosely centered with the buttons above. Although, it's placement isn't really that noticeable.

With the next part, the search box, is where things go haywire for me. It lines up with nothing above. After looking at it again, I think you are possibly using two tables that are the same width but the columns don't line up from one to the other. Reason I say that is because your header is wider than the parts directly below it. See where I am going with this? Things just don't line up. Again, my opinion.

BTW, I am using IE7 and IE8 (two PCs).

Another thing I noticed, after taking a second look, is your colors don't match. They are similar but not the same. I am referring to the blue in the subscribe box versus the blue 1 2 3 graphics. The subscribe is #00d3fe. The 1 2 3 is #30a9d9. Along this same route, the blue in the background of your header is the same color as most of the other rectangle blue graphics with the exception of the network button up top.

Like I said, it's just my opinion looking at it from a photoshop point of view not a web developers point of view.

Now, the reason I say polls are inacurate is the fact that any 15 year old with a pirated version of PS looking for brushes can stop by your site and start clicking away just to be funny. Yours may be different, but allot of these polls all one needs to do is delete cookies to be able to vote again. Others, simply closing the internet connection and reopening it makes it possible to vote again.

I helped with a forum a few years back where a poll was implemented. The forum only had 120 members, yet one of the options had over 10,000 votes. Later we found out who had done it and how easy it was for him to do. However, with the type of site you have, I doubt you'll have problems of that nature. I'm just saying I don't like polls due to inaccuracy. That's just me.

Again, my opinions.
Dave

kmpoaquests

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please post a pic of IE 7/8. I can try to fix it.

66stang66

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here ya go. Looks the same on either 7 or 8.

kmpoaquests

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave ,

Thanks a million , it seems the Div overlay is kinda wierd , because it looks fine in FF 3 as well as the browsers based off webkit.

I'll get on this asap. Thanks again for all your comments , really appreciate them , thanks ! Birthday Big Grin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: