PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Photoshop TIFF format problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

derekf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Photoshop TIFF format problem Reply with quote

Hello All,

I have a question about a strange thing I have encountered with a Photoshop TIFF image.

This image is a CMYK 8-bit TIFF - no layers - everything very basic (so it seems). I place this image as a link into Adobe Illustrator, then save this resulting file as a PDF.

I open the PDF with Adobe Acrobat, then I use Enfocus Pitstop to check the properties of the image. The Pitstop Inspector tells me that the image is indeed CMYK, but it contains only 1 channel and the image is "Indexed".
When I try to output this file to a printer, I only get the Cyan channel. It seems that the Magenta, Yellow and Black channels are "hidden" or something similar.

Throughout this entire process, the image appears on screen (in all applications) as a full colour image, ie, I get to see all of the channels - not just the Cyan channel.

I have found that if I save the original image as a Photoshop PDF or EPS, everything is fine.

I have also just completed another test and found that if I change anything about the image size (eg change from 300 dpi to 299 dpi) everything is also fine.

I am not able to attach the image, as it is too big for the 200KB restriction of this site, and I cannot compress it that far.

Has any body heard of this type of thing before?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

crazylarson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you get some screenshots to better describe your problem?

That would help me and many others out a lot.

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: