PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How can I make this image look more website/profession
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

onedownfivuep

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: How can I make this image look more website/profession Reply with quote

I was thinking about making the image have rounded edges, but can't figure out how to do that without using the feathering function and if I do that it just fades the outside.

http://smitherscustoms.com/

Image is the main top image.[/img]

mur38

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Nice layout and great header. I have a link here that may help you with the rounded corner issue

http://www.matthom.com/archive/2004/09/10/fast-rounded-corners-in-photoshop/feedback/

hope it helps

crazylarson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, nice site. It's looking pretty spiffy but there are some things you can do. You can actually make a layout, don't just use tables, you need images and tables in order, it is like that on almost every other site. In other words, make borders around your layout, it makes it a lot easier for your viewer to find things if everything has a border. You could use borders using HTML but I don't recommend it. I personally like using images that I have created and using them as my layout.

Second, you need a different color scheme. Mainly your background. Black is not always a good contrast for the eyes when viewers come to your site, it is just too big of a color difference.

Since some blue motorcycles are in the middle of the header, you might want to try taking that blue color background, dulling it out a little bit with some gray, that way your layout looks more balanced.

Good luck on the site. Try to update me on it sometime later on when you have done some work with the site.

**I will also be glad to help you out with the site so if you need help, just send me a message**

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: