PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
New Character Bio sheet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

malcon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: New Character Bio sheet Reply with quote

Whats up everybody, sorry i havent posted much on here latley. ibe been working in alot of 3d programs for school. anyway i had to do a model sheet for my drawing for 2d animation class.

My character is called Thal for now (it is short for Thalarctos maritimus, wich is the genus for polar bear) anyway he is a character i am using along with a few other secondary characters for a seriese of animated shorts.
The idea is to have shorts about Thal trying to keep himself entertained while living in the vast nothingness of the artic. He has a warm personallity and has a great imagination wich he has to use to keep himself ocuppied.

as far as the layout and design of the character. i tried to use as leaste lines as possable because with 2d animation, the less drawing you have to do, the better. he has a very simple structure and is composed geometric shapes. the text came out totally wrong and i amin the process of fixing that,i just dont feel like fixing it now. anyway if you look, the scratches and whatnot in the ice is all the drawings i scaned in of thal while in the research process...ok well i hope you like this one.
anyway comments are welcome. thanks

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it has a nice general look. :)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Frank Z

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would agree with that the overall look of your designes look pretty good.. im not so great at drawing myself so i can appreciate sumone who does..ne way good work !

malcon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the comments. Yes he has a very simple, general polar bear look to him. i have to keep him in the same universe as another character that my friend is doing that will interact with each other. so i couldnt stray to far from what his character resembles. it is very lion king meets the flinstones from the inspiration in the design.

Frank Z

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem keep up the good work

helcyon

PS Version: CS3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i like it. its pretty cool. i really like the text, even thou you said its messed up. So hopefully it will be even cooler. yeah for the look, feel and style you are going for, i think you achieved it. good job man

malcon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: