PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
My latest sig
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

SimzI

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: My latest sig Reply with quote

Hey all.. I was just wondering whta you thought of this sig I designed. It's most probably one of the best ones I've designed.

Zia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the background, its very sharp, but the hitman figure is kinda blurry, perhaps add a border of some kind, overall it does look really good. :P

malcon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey man whats up. i like this one. really cool. i like the layout, the asymetry works well here.

here are a few tips i have (as expected)
i would really like to see maybe a little of that yellow to the left of the hitman to bounce of his head. almost as a highlight. just very softly. i think it would tie him in with the background even more. it just seems like the light hitting him is too different from the background light/colors
that would be cool

alsoi think the text needs work. everything else is really tight and energetic and the text seems like its just not up to par. it would look good on another sig but i think maybe a type that is strong and powerfull like the background aswell as the image of the hitman would really work better. plus its a little crowded in that corner..makes that part of the sig uneasy.

all in all i like the colors, and the layout is spot on (except for the text)
keep it up!
(ive noticed text is a hard thing to nail when dealing with very stylized signitures. it often looks a bit out of place and just kinda stuck in there)

SimzI

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for another brilliant review malcon. I see what you mean about the text I will be looking for a different font for that when i get back home later. What would be the best way to go about creating the light bounce of his head?

malcon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok well i just did this this morning to kinda show you what it may look like. i did this in like 5 seconds so dont think this is really suppose to be that great. (i didnt really know just how to tell you have to go about the lighting)
what i did is simply select the yellow that was behind his head. then i took a big soft brush (set to 100 percent opacity, and just blocked in where i wanted the yellow light. then i did the same for the green light. then i set the blending mode for this layer with the highlights to overlay. and there is one way to do this. NOTE i judt threw this together with the mouse...it would be much better with some time spent on it. but i think it really helps bring the background and the hitman together. here is what i did

FOR HIRE! malconpierce@gmail.com

malcon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and once agains this could be alot more subtle.. just an example.

FOR HIRE! malconpierce@gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: