PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Very basic question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

bob2231

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Very basic question. Reply with quote

Hi. I'm using Photoshop 6, and I'm new to this. In fact today is my first time using the program.
Here's my question. I have 2 cars, with different rims. I want to see what one would look like with the rims from the other and I have no idea how to cut out the tire from one and paste it on the other.
I'm trying to get over a pretty recent surgery and wanted to try it this way before I hurt myself doing it for real, in case it doesn't look good.
Can someone help me with this ?
Thanks

Zia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno if this would help but when i do things like that i use the lasso tools magnetic especially to get exactly what i want, you just click where you want the lasso to go if you mess up and it auto selects then just hi backspace, the copy n paste, also magic eraser helps me smoothe what ever else is left over.

bob2231

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks. I'll go see if I can do anything. I had no idea where to even start.

bob2231

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got nowhere. I don't seem to understand this at all.
I'll just get out the jack.

lasa

PS Version: CS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look up "lasso tool" in the help...or go to the second icon on the tool bar or press L (left side normally). With that go around the rim. then copy. (edit / copy) Now open the picture you want the rims to appear on and paste the copied rims (edit / paste)..It will place the rim (selection) on a second layer of your car image. Then you can size the rim by using the "move tool" first icon on the upper right (black arrow with the 4 headed pionter)

Good luck,

Lasa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: