PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Help me re-create this...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

punx777

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Help me re-create this... Reply with quote

This strange picture happened when i was on vacation in hawaii, for some reason the shutter on our camera didnt want to open all of the way, i think this is one of the coolest pictures i have taken and i would like to recreate this on many other of my hawaii pictures. i have photoshop cs2 but i am a total noob to it, could you guys help me?

thanks alot!

Buskey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for the sky use the clone tool, you might be able to do that for the sand too, but for the tree and the circle, reffer to someone else.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buskey, s/he wants to re-create the black area on other photos. :)

Thanks.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

grannygeek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would make a big black brush, stroke it on the corners..Make it a very soft brush too..And on a separate layer, so you can experiment..

Nayetopps

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use the gradient tool on the corners as well...

jiteye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I vote for the gradiant tool.
may need 2 layers of gradiant effect to get it right.

Dalal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how much of a newbie you are at Photoshop, so if I'm being too descriptive, don't be offended. I'm not trying to insult your intelligence.

Just load your pic into Photoshop and then click on the Brush Tool. On the top bar underneath the menu (if you haven't moved it somewhere else) it will say Brush and next to that a little box and an arrow. Click on the arrow to bring down the options. Click on brush number 1, and then change the Master Diameter to 100 pixels and the Hardness to about 40 percent.

Now, hold control down and press the Minus sign on your keyboard to zoom out until the picture is small enough so you can click outside the box. Hold Shift Down and then with the Brush Tool, click somewhere outside the box, and then click another region outside the box. This will draw a straight line from the point where you first clicked to the point where you clicked a second time. Draw two lines with the brush, one going across the bottom of the photo, slightly slanted, and one on the top. After you are done, use the brush tool WITHOUT SHIFT and brush in the parts beneath the bottom line and on top of the top line to simulate the effect in the photo.

If you didn't understand, then feel free to ask.

Hope this helped,
Dalal

EDIT: I noticed that the shutter parts are slightly curved. In order to make smooth curves, you'll need to use the pen tool and draw a curve and then stroke the path. Otherwise you can just draw by hand, but it won't be as effective. If you need more help on this, ask.

punx777

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, sorry i havn't had time to respond but thanks for all the help, i used dalal's method, but is there anyway to make it blend like it did in the original...

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use the pologonal lassoo tool to draw the two corners on, create a new layer go to select/feather 150 pixles (it varies with image size) and fill the corners with black. Wayne

DSCN2955 copyblack.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  44.78 KB
 Viewed:  804 Time(s)

DSCN2955 copyblack.jpg

Buskey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you wanted the black corners, not to fix the image, sorry miss understanding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: