PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Website Header Review
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

EricH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Website Header Review Reply with quote

Firstly, I'd like to say thank you for taking the time to review this. I am new here, however I will be around and trying to help you guys out in return.

Okay, so this is the header of my website, EricHouck.com, and while I believe it is decent I kinda feel like it is lacking something. If you look at my website you'll see the background is offwhite in order to match the header design. I currently don't have a content area of any sorts, so I also need ideas on where to go from here in order to build that. However, any feedback (bad or good) is greatly appreciated.

malcon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all. welcome to this forum! i hope you enjoy this community, everybody is really helpfull and cool.

ok aso as for the header. i Like it.

what i would like to know is, what is this website for? if this website is for a death metal band then its all wrong (i know its not, but do you see what i mean? haha)

anyway i like the menu bar, the wavey edge is a cool effect.
on the top where is says "my wabsite"
the white area around it is very strange to me. there is a wierd drop shadow that is on the lower right hand corner and it seems to be wrong. the shadow on the bottom should spand the entire bottom of that area i would think. and i dont like the harshness of that edge when everything like the stars, the outer glow, the stroke, aswell as the colors are very soft and smooth.

so i think it is off to a great start, it looks good but the white area behind the my website text looks out of place.

anyway i hope this helps you out.
and again welcome!

FOR HIRE! malconpierce@gmail.com

EricH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, that definitly does help me out. I'll work on some of the things you said. A outside perspective definitly brings attention to the things that are wrong, such as that shadow..

and the website is just a personal website, I'll be posting random things on it that I am interested it.. physics, computers, four wheelers.

Haunus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhpas something that shows the diverse interests....

malcon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree. no offence, the colors and layout seems like it would be more for little kids or somthing. it is very soft and to me doesnt say four wheelers

FOR HIRE! malconpierce@gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: