PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Almost Perfect
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Duffman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Almost Perfect Reply with quote

I am tinkering with a picture, I took the head of my friend and put it in place of the main pictures head. I have adjusted the colors a bit, sized it and tampered with a few settings and this is what i have.

Now there is something off about the picture, its pretty good but something is missing. Can anyone tell me of something i can use to freshen it up and make it look as realistic as possible? Or if you have any tips/Tricks to do things like this? I run Photoshop CS 2 8.0

Any help is much appriciated, thank you!

Gallo_Pinto

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that looks pretty good. The only thing I would do is cut the whol cahracter out and put it some sort if barren desert landscape. Maybe you could get a screenshot from the warhammer dawn of war for a background.

The only thing I would point out as a criticism is the dude's hair, which looks like it's been cut out. You may want to use the exract tool, filter > extract I think. it's very easy to use, you could just use photoshop's help to learn about it.

Oh, and if it were me I might change the colours of the suit. But that's totally personal preference. good work.

Duffman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well im no pro, so if i change the color of anything i cut it out, and paste it to a new document with the background the color i want, then i make the layer setting to Luminosity. that adds a different color to it. Then i have to cut it out and paste it back to the original picture. Is there an easyer way i can change the color of it?

Haunus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gallo_Pinto wrote:
I think that looks pretty good. The only thing I would do is cut the whol cahracter out and put it some sort if barren desert landscape. Maybe you could get a screenshot from the warhammer dawn of war for a background.

The only thing I would point out as a criticism is the dude's hair, which looks like it's been cut out. You may want to use the exract tool, filter > extract I think. it's very easy to use, you could just use photoshop's help to learn about it.

Oh, and if it were me I might change the colours of the suit. But that's totally personal preference. good work.

what does extract do?

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I see, like Gallo_Pinto, is the hair. It has straight lines. Other than that, looks great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

malcon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah looks pretty good. i agree with the hair thing.. it seems like the head is squashed a little. probably because of the hair. also i think it should have maybe a shadow from the new head affecting the origional picture.

FOR HIRE! malconpierce@gmail.com

Gallo_Pinto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where extract excels is with fuzy edges and things like hair. You paint over the area where the object and the background overlap - in this case you'd paint over the srtaggly bits of hair - to form a complete closed shape. Then you sort of fill in th inside of the shape with a "paint bucket"-type tool, press okay and voila. it will reatain individual strands of hair, or if an object was photographed out of focus, you can retaint he fuzzy edges. it's really quite amazing.

Now,a s for changing the colour of things. What I standardly do make a selection of the part I want to change, then make a new "hue/saturation" adjustment layer (click the sdjudtment layer button at the bottom of the layer palette) adn that normallt wqorks pretty good. The nice thing abou it is that later, I can tweak the colour if I deceid eI didn't like the one I chose, and I can edit the mask too.

Haunus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gallo_Pinto wrote:
Where extract excels is with fuzy edges and things like hair. You paint over the area where the object and the background overlap - in this case you'd paint over the srtaggly bits of hair - to form a complete closed shape. Then you sort of fill in th inside of the shape with a "paint bucket"-type tool, press okay and voila. it will reatain individual strands of hair, or if an object was photographed out of focus, you can retaint he fuzzy edges. it's really quite amazing.

Now,a s for changing the colour of things. What I standardly do make a selection of the part I want to change, then make a new "hue/saturation" adjustment layer (click the sdjudtment layer button at the bottom of the layer palette) adn that normallt wqorks pretty good. The nice thing abou it is that later, I can tweak the colour if I deceid eI didn't like the one I chose, and I can edit the mask too.

is there a good tutorial for extract?

lasa

PS Version: CS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are enough straight lines where you could actually do it with the eraser tool.
Make first eraser point then hold down the shift key and place the second eraser point..it will make a perfect erased line. Use a semi-hard eraser set to 100% opacity.

Lasa

Gallo_Pinto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunus wrote:
is there a good tutorial for extract?

type extract into photoshop's help. That's probably all you need to know about it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: