PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
My Tribute
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

mknabster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: My Tribute Reply with quote

I thought this would be the best place to put this picture. I call this "My Tribute" to my Canon Powershot G6. I thought it would be a cool idea if i made a sort of Photoshop file like Epson has made with their P-2000, and do it with my G6. SO i used all pictures i took, except the G6 itself, and put it all together. I could have took the G6 myself, but the other camera i have is 2 megapixel, so that would be a waste, so i got it off the internet. Critiques are accepted as praise is too!

IMG_2423.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.98 KB
 Viewed:  1123 Time(s)

IMG_2423.jpg

Haunus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its good, looks like an adivertiesment though, but perhaps thats what you were going for :). Good job.

malcon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well your off to a good start, here is what i suggest.
the resolustion of the camera and the flowere is very grainy in comparison, maybe it did this when you blew it up or what not. it looks very flat so maybe work with some shadows from the camera or somthing. i would use the hue/saturation sliders to get the lighting on the camera to match the lighting thats on the flower and soften the edges a little. maybe even with an inner glow of the same color of the flower (has to be very suddle)
also the bee looks very strange. i suggest a better resolution, the camera is so sharp but the bee is very blured and flat, play with shadows comming off the bee . anyway i would say your off to a good start. keep it up
-malcon

FOR HIRE! malconpierce@gmail.com

mknabster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the critiques so far, I'm fairly new to using CS2, so i really don't know how to add shadows to the subjects i put in, how is it done by the way?

Haunus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can use drop shadow, but I would suggest using the air brush tool on another level, and lowering the opacity (And pressure of the air brush)

malcon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also another idea is add a new layer, then just airbrush the shadows in as haunus said, but instead of lowering the opacity, try different blending modes (like overlay, soft light etc) do this on the layer with the shadows (its on the layers pallet. "blending modes" it is a drop down menu)

Last edited by malcon on Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Haunus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

malcon wrote:
also another idea is add a new layer, then just airbrush the shadows in as haunus said, but instead of lowering the opacity, try different blending modes (like overlay, soft light etc) do this on the layer with the shadows (its on the layers pallet. "blending modes" it is a drop down menue)

heh, never thought of that, I'll have to try that too.

malcon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah man, somties it will keep the same richness but bring up the detail of whats underneith the color. (what the shadow is on...hard to explain )

FOR HIRE! malconpierce@gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: