PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
New to photoshop with some questions...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: New to photoshop with some questions... Reply with quote

So ya, i am VERY new to photoshop, these may sound stupid, but i dont know the answers, and will probably be asking alot here. here goes

what is the adobe imageready cs, as apposed to the photoshop cs. what is the difference between the two? i see them both in the photoshop folder.

also, i know photoshop takes practice and such, and suggestions on the best way to go about learning it? any specific sites or books that are very good, and easy to interpret for beginners? thanks for any help!

helcyon

PS Version: CS3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah imageready is a program for animation. personally i dont like it all that much. Its in the same folder bc its kind of embedded... you can jump back and fourth between the progams and what you edit in one, will affect the other.

for learning it, the best way is to just play around with it. also do any of the tutorials that are in the help menu. then for some sites with random tutorials try these:
http://psworkshop.net/psworkshop/
http://www.thewebmachine.com/
and there are TONS of sites, but try these out

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helcyons right about Image ready, it's mostly for annimations, as for tutorials, I found video tutorials good, there are some here, that are very good, and I'm sure you'll pick up a lot from them.

http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html (they are quick time format)

I have a few books that are good, one I found very helpfull as a beginner was 50 fast photoshop tips by Gregory Georges, I don't know if it's still available or in print though, Adobes classroom in a book is also good. Wayne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: