PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
My first actual attempt at a photoshop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Teknik

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: My first actual attempt at a photoshop Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what else i can do to this picture to make it look more realistic? Or if i am even close or should just scrap it and start over.

Layer 1: boxing ring
layer 2: son sitting in ring

I kind of think he looks too blurry.

EDIT: Ok i just used 2 clicks of "sharpen" on his face at 100% and it helped that a bit.

best.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.13 KB
 Viewed:  2133 Time(s)

best.jpg

Gallo_Pinto

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really hard to get the lighting right on an image with really flat lighting, but you should still probably try to give hi,m a bit of shadow. AMybe even just use the burn tool really lightly under him.

I've just run levels on the image and I think that helped it out a lot.

levels.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  105.97 KB
 Viewed:  2118 Time(s)

levels.jpg

helcyon

PS Version: CS3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he also looks really small...

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I'd make him a little bigger (when your on your sons layer click edit/transform hold down shift and drag a corner untill it's the right size, then double click anywhere on the image) I'd sharpen him a little more as well and just tweek the levels or brightness on him as well, don't go mad on this though. Wayne

Teknik

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I re-did the picture today. Same pictures, but i made him a bit bigger, learned how to not blur the edges, and added shadows, and tweaked with the levels. What do you think?

new copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.6 KB
 Viewed:  2085 Time(s)

new copy.jpg

Gallo_Pinto

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definately better, but in an ideal world the rope wouldn't divide his face in half. Levels adjustment looks to have helped muchly.

be careful with the shadow. Don't add it only around the butt, maybe a bit under his legs too.

Teknik

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gallo_Pinto wrote:
definately better, but in an ideal world the rope wouldn't divide his face in half. Levels adjustment looks to have helped muchly.

be careful with the shadow. Don't add it only around the butt, maybe a bit under his legs too.

I'd like to not divide his face as well, but i don't think i can do that until i find a different ring picture. If i make him any bigger, he will be too tall for how he is sitting.

I'll work on the shadows some more. Thanks.

helcyon

PS Version: CS3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so here is my quick attempt at it. This is just to give you an idea of what to go towards... At first it looked like the light was coming from the top right, but thats just a reflection of the metal, so my shadows are off... its coming in from the upper left.
what i did was make new layers and paint with a black brush. then made a layer mask so it wouldnt go on the guy. then i did a guassian blur and dropped the opacity. then i put everything onto one layer and adjusted levels. then i used the dodge and burn tool to adjust some of the shadows on the guy himself. then i just added a quick blur in the upper corner, then put all one one layer and adjustes the levels one last time.

ps. when i say i put them all onto one layer, this is how i do that: create a new blank layer on top. then hold down ctrl+alt+shift+e. this will merge all visable to the new layer you created. (this is much more effective than flattening the image)

edit: i also added to the pole so it was touching his back. and i still think hes too small. doesnt look right.

Teknik

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed the back on the corner pad, and played with the shadows a bit. I'd be lying if i said that i wasn't having problems with the shadows, but this is my effort to date.

new cont3 copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.53 KB
 Viewed:  1974 Time(s)

new cont3 copy.jpg

Teknik

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

played with the shadows a bit more

new cont4 copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.61 KB
 Viewed:  1967 Time(s)

new cont4 copy.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: