PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
my website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

helcyon

PS Version: CS3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: my website Reply with quote

ok so its not a website yet... or even close. im still just working on creating the start page. Ill prob wait till the summer to actually make the page when i have time. But until then, i can come up with different ideas.

so far with this, im not even close to being done. i just want your guys opinions on if you like anything about it. or if i should just totally start over. I think i like the 3 "links" but after making those, the header didnt really fit. So i will redo that, and probably some background changes. But let me know what you guys think i should change.

Moi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's jaggy at some places.
Personaly i don't realy like it, it's just too much bevel and emboss and simply too big imo.

Hope you don't mind the harsh comment Cry

helcyon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no thats cool, i want harsh comments. i dont wanna make crap that people wouldnt like.

dont know about the jaggys tho... ill see whats up with that. thanks

Gallo_Pinto

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, it just seems kind of big. The font is cool, and it has the potential to take on an art-nouveau poster look, but it just looks maybe a touch unrefined. (I realize this probably isn't the final version).

As far as usefullness goes, you may want to put in a few links like contacts and things in a small font at the bottom.

it's good though, I definately would keep going with it.

helcyon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool thanks. ha i was just learning about art-nouveau in my class... but the font is actually bauhaus. And actually parts of this design look cool in my opioning, but its not really my style, or what im going for. I kind of just did random stuff in PS without thinking it out first with some sketches. So im actually working on a whole new design. I think it will look much better and be more functional.
I was going for the "big" though. Basically have just those three links. Kind of like a portfolio site. But just the start page. Not really the home page.

Ill post up new designs when i get them done. And i seriously want real critiques. Let me know if it sucks or whatever. And if you can say why you dont like certain parts that would be great.

helcyon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so i redid it like i said i was going to and it is TOTALLY different. lol

But seriously tell me what you think about this. Good, bad, sucky, boring, awesome, etc... And if you want to take that further, let me know why you think that or give some ideas on how to improve something. Thanks

edit: I re-did it. so this is version 2

Gallo_Pinto

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, man, but I'm afraid I don't like it Frown
the problem is lack of focus. When I looked it it, there was no place where my eye definately wanted to look first. It's even more of a problem because of the "abstract" design. If hte links were presented as a list, then the viewer would naturally look at them because we're used to looking at links in alist.
You're desing "elements", circles, lines, the D in Design, are all fine, but you should try to use them in a way that will attract a viewer to the links that are important.

sorry if that doesn't help, I'm not always eloquent. Feel free to ask further questions.

helcyon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. yeah after looking at it some more and having other people say they didnt like it that much either... well i decided to scrap this whole thing too. and im off to a new design. It will be MUCH more functional and have a focal point. I was trying something new with the whole abstract thing... but that didnt work too well for me. So back to normal stuff. Ill post later on with some roughs of the new design. But yeah thanks a lot for the comment. it did help.

Gallo_Pinto

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't abandon abstraction, but limit it to the design, and try to use it to direct attention towards what's imprtant. That can be done with a different colour, or shape..

MiguelSantos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the background for the designs part of the first one if you kept that theme i bet it would come out pretty cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: