PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Learn.si Online University
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Domen Lombergar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Learn.si Online University Reply with quote

My newest project that I just finished. The website is created to provide users with free access to knowledge from expert authors from around the globe. In short, it's an article directory that enables people to exchange knowledge.

It's divided into several categories so users can find the desired information more easily. I've also tried to make the experience/navigation as user friendly as possible.

I would most like to get feedback on the interface, experience, navigation, user-friendlyness.

While you are looking at some surreal art prints or just some fantasy art you might get yourself some windows vista boot screens. And read/watch some photoshop tutorials in the article directoryto learn a new technique or two >img src="images/smiles/icon_wink.gif" alt=";)">

helcyon

PS Version: CS3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as aesthetics, the site looks good. Nothing too crazy, but it works and it looks nice. good job.

But here are some comments/suggestions. I dont like the outer glow on the "your learning resource." The overall banner looks nice. And the whole site concept is great. Thats cool to have all that info right at your fingertips. But having all that information slammed right in front of you might seem overwhelming. Instead of displaying each category and sub categories all on the home page, just show the main categories and have them be links. Then display the sub categories.
I dont know how, you might. But it also might be a good idea to track people's usage and see which links they are clicking on. each week or whatever, display the "best sellers" on the home page right up front.
But yes i do like it and link its pretty cool. It is very user friendly. It is easy to navigate. Taking away the sub categories and only showing the main ones might make it a little more attractive and inviting for readers. Which seems more invinting to read? A book with smaller pages, and good sized margins, or a newspaper with as much information crammed into a page as there can be? Im not saying ur page is like a newspaper.. its just some of the principles of readability.

But yeah overall, great site. Good job

Domen Lombergar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the insight, helcyon. Yeah, I am kinda wondering how to do that myself. If I should remove all subcats or just leave some or some third option. I'll fiddle with it in photoshop to see which is more inviting for the eye.

Will fix that header image also.

Thanks again.

While you are looking at some surreal art prints or just some fantasy art you might get yourself some windows vista boot screens. And read/watch some photoshop tutorials in the article directoryto learn a new technique or two >img src="images/smiles/icon_wink.gif" alt=";)">
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: