PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
My latest ps stuff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Moi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: My latest ps stuff Reply with quote

i'v also designed the layout for a lineage 2 clan site
GS
and a sig/link button for gs

and last but not least:

bwaaah need to learn much more! Blush Blush

Shadow™

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice stuff, looks liek you put alot of work into those, very impressed by your latest works m8, good job!

Moi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx Blush Blush
actually i like the second template best and i put the least effort in that one.
although i learned some new techniques along the way, i realise this is still very noobie stuff! Blush

lasa

PS Version: CS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow if that's considered "Noobie stuff"... I'm in deep trouble.
Nice work.
Lasa

helcyon

PS Version: CS3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying you did this, but its in response to ur comment about putting in the least amount of effort...
things do not have to be intricate with crazy minute details for them to look good and work. Just because you learn all sorts of cool effects from online tutorials or whatever, you dont have to use them all for your composition. And dont just throw in effects because theyre cool, do them because it fits with the project you are working on.

With that said, I also like the 2nd one the best. There is rhythm and unity throughout the design. And although there is little contrast with the nav buttons, it fits the style so it works and looks good. Plus it will look better when its full res. With the image at the top of this design (the 2nd one), you could probably blend the images a little better. I dont know what you did, but it looks kind of like you did a feathered selection and deleted it. I would recomend using layer masks with a combination of brushes varrying in size, hardness, and opacity. If you dont know how, or cant find it, let me know and ill help u out.

The media-type player is also pretty cool.

Although you say its newbie stuff, i think they all look really good. Keep up the good work

Moi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for the c&c everybody!

helcyon i saved the 3d render as a png so there was no need for masking,
so no need for a feathered selection and delete it either.
but i see your point about blending the images better though.
i find creating the banner of a design the most challenging part, most of the time i'm not sure if it fits with the design etc.
Quote:
things do not have to be intricate with crazy minute details for them to look good and work. Just because you learn all sorts of cool effects from online tutorials or whatever, you dont have to use them all for your composition. And dont just throw in effects because theyre cool, do them because it fits with the project you are working on.

Couldn't agree more, if i learn a new technique from a tut i try to not blindly copy it, but add my own alterations too.

thx again Big Wink

greets Birthday Big Grin

sunnie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup - if thats noobie stuff then i need some serious tutoring.......

looks ace.

Haunus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice stuff, the last one threw me for a loop, its good but it kinda feels like you were going for something and didnt quite reach it, the only way to explain it would be to say that it seems half 3Dish.

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first one best, I like the detail in it, but their all very good work. Wayne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: