PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
cropping problem...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

fenderman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: cropping problem... Reply with quote

I have encountered a sudden problem with the crop tool in Photoshop [8] CS.

I try to crop an image and it basically crops the entire image into 1 x 1 pixel image....it does not seem to matter what the file is, old, new, raw, pdf or jpeg...obviously I have either changed a global setting somehow, or my photoshop is corrupted. I have reinstalled PS from the CD, but it is still happening...

Anyone have any ideas?

I have tried to show examples but it will not allow me to capture the screen with the crop tool enabled...
HELP PLEASE!!!! I am the editor of a newspaper and our deadline is tomorrow!!!!!!

cbadland

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If pressing the "Clear" button in the Crop Tool options bar does not fix it, then trash your Preferences: Hold down the Shift+Alt+Cntrl (Shift+Opt+Cmd on a Mac) as you launch Photoshop. You will get a dialog to reset preferences.

fenderman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: THANK YOU! Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I am a photoshop noob...kinda- I use it all the time but only to crop, set the rez, adjust curves and prep for prepress, I really haven't explored the vastness of the program...

I found on the top tool bar a spot to look at my tool settings...it was under that heading that I found that option to reset all tool prefs...

Thank you again, my life is saved! Birthday Big Grin Birthday Big Grin Birthday Big Grin Birthday Big Grin Birthday Big Grin Birthday Big Grin Birthday Big Grin Birthday Big Grin Birthday Big Grin Birthday Big Grin Birthday Big Grin Birthday Big Grin Birthday Big Grin Birthday Big Grin Birthday Big Grin Birthday Big Grin Birthday Big Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: