PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
photography portfolio
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Moi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: photography portfolio Reply with quote

first finished template ;)
the two different fonts might not be a good idea?

helcyon

PS Version: CS3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that looks pretty good. I think the 2 different fonts will be ok. The font on the left is very stylized and is good for headings and whatnot which is what u have. It wouldnt look good on a block of text like on the right. So the 2 diff fonts is cool. I like the layout and aesthtetics, but i think what might make it look a little better is if was centered. If you dont want it centered, it should be a little more obvious so it looks like you planned it that way. Looks good tho.

have you thought about rollovers at all and what they will do?

Moi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right about centering it!
i thought about doing the rollovers in flash, with sounds etc!
but i'm still a big newbie at flash! Blush

Datameister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, keep in mind that you don't need Flash for rollovers. It's possible to create slightly less flashy rollovers (no pun intended) using simple Javascripts. In fact, if you don't know Javascript, you can even find these codes on the internet quite easily.

Overall, good job. I'm digging the background, although make sure it doesn't become too overbearing. Right now it's toeing the line a bit, but it's not too distracting...yet. Big Wink Also, perhaps this is intentional, but you spelled "Gallery" the French way. Lastly, highly consider adding spaces between the words for "ExposureProgram" and the other data in that area.

Moi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol the spelling mistake wasn't intentional

Quote:
Lastly, highly consider adding spaces between the words for "ExposureProgram" and the other data in that area.

your right! will edit that. ;)

btw: thx for the tip about javascript, i'm defenetly gonna look into that Big Grin Big Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: