PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
My very first posting!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Sweet_Jay

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: My very first posting!! Reply with quote

Hi guys. Well as the subject header shows this is my first posting on this site! Have been workign on a few things lately and wanted opinions from fellow designers so please have a little look and let me know!!

Many thanks

John[/img]

Gargoyle.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  97.39 KB
 Viewed:  885 Time(s)

Gargoyle.jpg

Datameister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job. I'd be careful with the sky--if it becomes too dark without any cloud cover, it looks odd. (Unless you're Ansel Adams...but that's darker than what you've got here.) Also, watch the compositing on the demon's wings, since it gets a little fuzzy around there. If you want a grungier effect, you may consider adding noise and "foglike" elements, also. Keep up the good work!

Sweet_Jay

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Gargoyle Comp Reply with quote

Many thanks Datameister, I agree with you about the wings. I always have problems with blending the edges of one image against another. Any tips or techniques you would like to share on this please go ahead. Appreciate you taking the time to comment!
J

Moi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea for an image, but i agrea with datameister!

tip: if your cutting out an image, use a bright color on a background layer, it will clearly show you where the edges are too fuzzy or where there is still parts of the background visible ;)
i use a bright green but any color will do except white or black!

Big GrinBig Grin

Sweet_Jay

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: RE: Gargoyle Reply with quote

I often fine when I cut images out tho that the edge is too clean against the new background making it look unrealistic. Any tips on that. I find Colour Match quite useful but find myself headnig towards the 'Blur' tool to soften the edges ending up with the effect that you are mentioning in the Gargoyle pic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: