PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
iCrap
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

~Lakai~

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: iCrap Reply with quote

Well, learning my way around Photoshop, I decided to finally make an iPod spoof. I know it looks like crap, mostly the headphone wires, but that's as smooth as I know how to use the pen tool so far (not at all, lol).

Not the best quality work, but it's fun. Thanks to Galla Pinto for the inspiration.

Anyone play Counter-Strike? heh

Gallo_Pinto

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo Problem man. Sorry I didn't see your thread before, it doesn't apear to be collecting many replies. Cry
Pink is a fun colour, isn't it? I've updated my iVader thread with a newer version of the pic, in case you haven't seen it http://www.photoshopforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=4731

for the headphone cord- use the pen tool with the beziers. You know the one where you click and drag out a bezier and it makes a smooth line? Anyway, do that, then select a small white brush with hardness above 90, and click on the "stroke path" button in the paths palette. That's what i did, and it didn't show any pizelation.

Yours is silimar tp my first attempt, in that the character is shaded in a solid colour. If you look at actual ipod ads, though, thepeople have added details in the background colour. Doing that may help your image.
If the peron was from a photo, turn the contrast up to the max and use the brightness to control how much detail would be visible. Then, you should be able to use a wand tool set to 0 tolerance to select the white, remove it to let the BG colour through.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: