PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
New signature, please tell me what I can work on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

~Lakai~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: New signature, please tell me what I can work on. Reply with quote

First of all, I've been learning photoshop for three days - and on and off after midnight at that - so it's not the best quality. I'm pretty happy with what I can make this far though, so here it is. I've saved the .psd file, so I can work on it as my skill gets better. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks a lot guys!

And yes, I know that his scimitar is cut off. When I use the final version (with touch ups you guys suggested), I'll have that fixed in there too. It's not a hard fix, but I'm not willing to go edit it and upload it again just for that.

Thanks a lot to those of you who have helped me. It may not seem like any of you have, but many of your posts not related to me have been very valuable. I'd also like to thank good-tutorials. Good site, minus the pop-up.s

Moi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first suggestion: delete the white in the background and save as png!
and adding the guy's scimitar is definatly a good idea Big Wink
i'm not a big fan of the colours you choose thou!
and everything looks a bit jaggy/pixelated, like the circle logo!

cbadland

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the first line supposed to be legible? (Member of the Sundried… something…) If so, I’d crank down the glow, or change color of text.

Datameister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad. Like cbadland pointed out, that text is almost completely illegible. And I agree with Moi about the transparency, but do it as a GIF, not a PNG. Be nice to us IE6ers. Big Wink

Once you've become a bit more proficient with Photoshop, avoid using the Bevel and Emboss effect so prominently. Many Photoshop users will recognize it very quickly and consequently have somewhat lower opinions of your work.

~Lakai~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have a few things suggested from other forum members too. I'll figure out how to get rid of the white part (I thought just deleting the area would do that, or masking, but I guess not). I'll fix the glow on that font too.

The reason the logos are pixelated is because the "Agarwaen Curuvin" logo was taken from another signature my friend made for me, so it was kind of hard to take out unless I spent tedious time doing it (I know, it's a circle, how hard could it be? I was on a clock, so I wanted to get it done fast). The Mystical Awakening logo I had to take out using the polygon lasso tool too, so I spent a bit of sketchily used time on that too.

~Lakai~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 4 of the Photoshop quest, and this is what I have now. Still don't know how to smooth out the edges to that circle "Agarwaen Curuvin" logo (which is it's own layer, of course).

Hmm, I think I'm going to add an outer glow effect to the Sundered Guard logo too.

lasa

PS Version: CS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To smooth out the Agarwaen Curuviin remove a thin sliver all around it with the circle marquee.

click the middle point of the Agarwaen Curuviin circle...hold down the Shift+Ctrl+Alt and move it out until it is the just inside the current circle. This will make a perfect circle. If it isn't aligned perfectly move it around using the transform selection and keyboard arrows.

Once you get it right invert the selection and delete.

Lasa

agarwaentsgma_LASA.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.47 KB
 Viewed:  988 Time(s)

agarwaentsgma_LASA.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: