PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
my newest pic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Daryl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: my newest pic Reply with quote

heres a pic i made for my friend who is a deejay.

-daryl-

stevealmighty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shade of purple, I like it. The only thing that I might recommend (but I'm far from artistic) is to ease up on the lighting where it's hitting the crowd. Seems to saturate them to much, which takes away detail from the overall image and creates large white spots.

I also like how you have the record players to the left, leads onto the image nicely.

All gave some, some gave all.....Lest we forget that war produces veterans, wounded both mentally and physically, and it is our job to help them now, as they have already helped us all in ways we will never know, and in ways that we take for granted every day.

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, looks very slow exposure-ish, but as steve almighty said, too bright, which ruins it in my opinion, lower the amount of white with levels or whatever, and itll be brilliant!

Free File Uploader for Everyone to use
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Datameister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job! I like the choice of color, but there's something you need to be careful with. A lot of people make this mistake, and most just see it and say "hmm, something's not right." But they can't figure out what it is. The problem is undersaturation in fading areas.

You've got bright purple spotlights in this picture. So bright, in fact, that they're overexposing and the center looks pure white. There's nothing wrong with that any of that. But the problem occurs in areas where the light is becoming dimmer. See the areas, particularly near the bottom of the image, where the white areas fade to gray and then to black? This wouldn't happen in real life. Instead, that gray would be purplish. So it fades from white to purple to black. If you just use the Eraser tool to do the fade, you'll get the ugly gray tones.

Anyway, it's a subtle thing, but it makes a big difference. Keep up the good work!

DrkRos3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats pretty good man. i like the purple
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: